Friday

New BIG project!

Yesterday one of my neighbors gave me this set of wicker furniture. All the wicker is in good shape, as are the springs and the crosspieces underneath, just needs to be redone. So I thought this would make a good project to blog about!



So today I picked this chair and got started.....after first looking up the best way to do this. Found some great info on The Wicker Woman, got the recommended tool this morning, rolled up the sleeves and got going.
BEFORE

After a couple of hours...well maybe an hour because I took the time to drag out the old tarp from the barrel full of leaves, wash it off (cause boy did it stink!!) and spread it out to dry, so I could cover the set up when I'm not working on it. It looks like this:

After an hour or so

The "fancy" tool I'm using!



I'm not sure exactly how long this is going to take me, but I'll do updates every time I work on it.
I can't wait to get it finished though, I have FABULOUS colors in mind to use on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment