Thursday

And so it begins again...

I was so excited about the studio, a place of my own to create in peace. I was dreaming of all the wonderful projects that were waiting to be made, making sketches, deciding what materials to use etc. so that when it was finally finished I could get right to work.
Then yesterday, out of nowhere, as is usually the case, comes the thought, "Why are you bothering? You know what's going to happen. People will like what you make and then you will end up giving stuff away for peanuts at yard sales or have tons of stuff laying around collecting dust."
Now, I do have some reason to have these thoughts, last summer I did it with a LOT of my quilted pieces, sold them for $5 or less at yard sales. There were just too many and nobody was buying online, as well as other things that have happened during the years I have been doing this type of thing.
I'd say it's been about 10 years that I've been trying to get a semi successful home based business using my creativity going, and yes I have sold things through various sites but always just enough to buy new materials, never enough to do actually help with the family finances. The latest of course being the photography business, which I was so sure would take off and which I devoted a year of 24/7 work on. A year isn't enough time to actually have a business be successful I know, but it certainly is enough time to have an idea of if it WILL be successful down the road. Sadly I realize it won't be and it is just another in a long line of *could've, should've and didn't work plans.*
Maybe it is just exhaustion that's making this feeling rear it's ugly head once again. Maybe it's the fact that I'm almost 56 and have yet to reach any of the goals I have set for myself.
All I know is that I put all of me into whatever I attempt and with each failure a little more of me seems to fade away.
No matter what though I just can't stop trying. In time this doubt will pass, as it always does and I will begin pouring my heart, soul and energy back into creating and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment