Sunday

I'm BACK!!

It's been a long time since I posted here. Let's just say my creativity was focused on something else for almost two years. So focused that the urge to do any other type of creative work was stifled and at the point of totally dying, when suddenly, a tiny spark was ignited.

Since that moment I have begun exploring many different types of art, crafts, etc and am back at it  full force again!

As for the other..well I still do that occasionally, but have decided that the stress levels it caused aren't worth it. I need to get covered in paint, glue, threads and whatever else I might be working with!! Creating art has always been what soothes my soul the most. Whether working on a pictorial quilt or gluing papers down for a collage. I NEED to create with my HANDS :-D


Now that I have that out of the way...you never know from one post to the next what you might find here, like I said, I am exploring many different creative outlets right now.


For works I've created since I began letting my heart and imagination rule my thoughts and hands, just click on the various pages.


For today, I will be sharing an art journal that I began a few days ago. Like all my recent work, this is a first for me. Hope you enjoy it!


To begin this project I started hunting around the house for a black and white composition book, we have a LOT of them with barely any writing in them so why buy a new one, right?


Being rather clueless about the whole process of making these, I began with a web search and decided to go with these
directions by "Lil Blue Boo" which made it seem pretty easy...and it was!

I painted the cover with black, red, and white acrylics, sand papered a couple of photos of myself to distress them, used matte medium to glue down the photos, title words and some pieces of black and red lace and then covered the whole thing with a coat of the medium. Once it was dry, the real fun started!


Below is a before and after look at the cover




The first page is actually the second one I did, but I follow no rules with this...lol



From a pleasant day at the beach to a rather bleak and depressing piece..this journal will be filled with exactly what the cover says...

 



Well that's it for this post. If you liked it, feel free to click the Facebook "like" button below and I'd love to see comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment