Monday

Almost done with the shrine for my Mother

I have been doing a bit of work here and there and have almost completed the first of what I hope will be many shrines from old eyeglass cases. Ideally if I were to do these for people it would be great to use eyeglass cases from the loved ones they would be made for. 

IF they had one of course.




Because this little shrine is in memory of my Mother, the items I chose represent things she loved.
Mom loved roses, and reading. Autumn and the ocean. Owls and angels. Cameos, Easter and Christmas, She also believed in and loved LOVE...although like me she wasn't very lucky with it...so one of her wedding rings had to be included in this shrine. 


The chain around the outside is from one of her necklaces. I have a few more things to add to this, like photos and some fine tuning.

I think Mom would have loved this little shrine and it will be displayed on the shelf next to her ashes.


I have learned a couple of things about making these. What not to do and what to do first for instance, but overall, I think it is coming out pretty nice for my first attempt!


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment