Monday

Here come the kids :-D

Today I decided to start making the Mother's children. The one shown here will be a little girl, which you might have figured out by the doll near her.


Before that though, I did a small experiment using gel medium to add clothes to her doll. It is still drying so not sure how it will work out yet. I'm hoping it works well, if not I might have to break down and get some Fa-Brick  
which from what I've been reading allows you do add fabric to a sculpture, draping it etc and it hardens, keeping it's shape. If not that I'll try the Paverpol , although it is more expensive and it freezes so winter shipping could be tough.
Before either of those I do have a couple more options I want to try. You know me, hate to spend money if I can come up with an alternative that works just as well!

Next up for today is to make the baby that the Mother will be holding up in her arms.

I have to say that I am truly enjoying this whole project VERY much...and thinking that maybe I have found a form of art that I can settle on for good. We'll see!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment