I started working on this little doll Friday. The head went just the way I wanted it to and was finished faster than I thought it would be. The thread is there to show scale and to give you an even better idea, the head is about as big as a quarter, only a little thicker.
Assembling the body was a snap also. I went with what I had handy and used pipe cleaners as the frame since I wanted it to be poseable and then added two layers of felt over that
I thought I'd be done the same day. Little did I suspect that my creation had a mind of her own! I ended up putting her away Friday night after nothing I had wanted to do would work out. My grandson came over Saturday to spend the night so she sat until Sunday when I gave it another go.
Again, she balked and refused to wear what I wanted her to.
Today, I decided to stop trying to force my will on her and listen to what she had to say. Once I had done that, the work seemed to flow effortlessly.
This is the progress from today, well except for her lace stockings, I did those Sunday and I guess she loves them cause they made the cut..lol
Then the fun part of making her *setting*! This is my first attempt at something like this in a long long time and I'm enjoying the process a lot, so you can expect to see more of this type of work from me.