Thursday

Day 24 of the B&W photo project

I am really getting into the b&w project. In fact, today I was so involved in getting the *perfect shot*  that  I completely forgot about a webinar I planned on taking today today.  It took me forever to get the shot I had in mind. 

First I tried some shells on a white background..no, no, no. Got the black background, which was better, but didn't like the shells, got different ones..nope. Several tries later, I kind of liked the shells but decided there were too many, so took some away, added a couple back, took all but the 3 here away...good.

Took a few shots with them in different arrangements until I found the one I liked. Then the light was off. Tried just an overhead light , no. Tried an overhead and a light on either side, no. Then  just the two side ones, no, etc etc etc..finally settled on the overhead and one floor lamp (with shade removed) which I picked up and held about a foot over the shells. I tried shots holding the light on both sides and then overhead until I found what I wanted.

So there I was, kneeling on the floor because the shells were on an end table, I would hold the lamp up, press remote shutter a little, put the lamp down so I could adjust the exposure, pick it back up and check again. Perfect! Try to balance and take the shot, better take a few just in case I move or something. Sure the camera is on the tripod and I am using the remote, but I just might move the lamp I am holding up!


Yes I am a bit obsessive at times :-) I won't even admit how long it was before I got the shot I wanted, but I think all the time was worth it. 
What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment