Friday

new fabric work!

As you may have noticed I haven't done anything with fabric in a very long time. Actually haven't really done anything in a long time, but I decided that had to change!
So the first photo is what I decided to do to break the long dry spell.
This is loosely based on me in the process of creating a piece on the design wall..

And here is what I did yesterday...took me roughly 4 hours just to choose fabrics for this! And then what fun all the cutting and fusing, but so worth it as finished work began to emerge :-D
Still quite a bit to do on it, but I'm very happy with how it is coming out.
Oh and I must say that I can't take credit for the IDEA...a fellow member of the fastfridayfabric challenge group did something similar last year for one of the challenges and I knew that someday I wanted to do a version of my own.

here is what I added today, took a long time to make the bunny slippers!
Hoping to show more on this later today...




No comments:

Post a Comment